Tuesday, March 15, 2011

saw dr #2 today

Took Dylan in first thing this morning for the blood in his stool. I was secretly hoping the Dr didn't remember me since last time she pretty much told me I was derpriving my kids of the benefits of milk. I tried to get my insurance's approval to see a new dr. they said no. Today there was no way she could tell me that what was happening to dylan was normal. He has blood in his stool and if she told me again that I was wrong I was going to have a break down in her office. She said the blood was probably from a rash on his bottom and when she checked he clearly does not have a rash. She said he would probably be just fine and sometimes mom's may eat something that upsets the babies system. Then I told her that I brought the diapers for her to look at and when her gloved hangs unfolded the frozen little gifts i brought her she looked at me a little differently. She said "this babies diaper is full of mucus." (that's what i said about 10 times) then she asked how long and I told her AGAIN that it's been almost a month. She looked at the bloody diaper and she said "i need you to cut out all dairy for 3 weeks and call me to tell me how he is doing. This looks like we have a child who is allergic to milk protiens." do you have any idea how badly i wanted to say "DUH!!! I've been trying to tell you guys that!!! Now help me make my baby better!!" But then she said "We will have to wait and see at 6 months to be sure we can't allergy test him before that." and i don't have 6 months to wait around lady. Especially for an allergy test that isn't 100% accurate. So no dairy. That's what we are doing and have been doing. I didn't want to tell her that becuase I realized she is like a man and this needed to be her idea not mine... and I already have one of those I call him my husband. So... I will take this information and move on to the next pediatrician and pray she thinks like a mom... not a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment