Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday....

So... Everything seems to be going well. Dylan's thrush is FINALLY under control. I kept calling to say that the Nystatin wasn't working and they finally gave him a stronger prescription. I don't know what is worse.... taking a low does every day 4 times a day and not having it work or a stronger medication for 7 days and have it work. I hate giving the kids medicine but this diflucan is doing it's thang. Thrush is almost gone. It is no longer coating the insides of his mouth but he does have the remainder of a a thrush rash all along his bottom lip down almost to his chin. Poor Dah. He won't keep his little hands out of his mouth and his drool won't let the red patches heal.

So... I am wondering if maybe corn could be a problem for Dylan. The other day he had stool that had tiny bits of normal in it compared to the usual slime. (gross I know but nobody is making you read this) I am so mad at myself for not keeping a food diary. So now.. Caffeine free, Dairy Free, soy free, wheat free and gluten free.... what's corn anyway... Can't be too hard to cut it out for a week and see how it goes. I am hoping it's not egg or tomato but I will get there... first things first I gotta start somewhere.

I am reading Dr Dorris Rapp's book. She is heaven sent for a mom like me. She is full of so much information it's crazy. She makes it so easy to understand too.

Trying to go more organic with food and slowly replacing household items with more natural ones as we run out. Cleaners, deoderant.... wish I had the money to toss all this crap in the trash and buy everything all natural.

I am talking to a rescue about Captain. Hopefully they will find him a home soon.
Lilly has been adopted by Lara. :) I will miss her but I am so so so so so happy that she is with them. I couldn't have thought up a better home for her. The location... everything. Nolan is having a bit of a hard time but he is dealing with it pretty well. I think he knows he can see her whenever as long as they have her.

Since Lilly is gone I have been deep cleaning like crazy. So far I have only done our closet- goodwill clothing and items that we don't put to use, vacuum like crazy, clean baseboards, dust. I have done our bathroom- bleached any mold spots, got rid of all makeup and products that are just sitting taking up space. Our bedroom- new organic sheets that are SOOO cute washed in 7th generation detergent. Lots of removing dust and cat hair that you can't even SEE until you clean the hepa filter in the vacuum. Feels good to at least have that done. I will continue with the upstairs and do the boys bathroom. The laundry and the kids room... sounds easy, right? It will probably take me a week. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment