Friday, March 25, 2011

Chalkboard Fridge

So... these past few months have exhausted me and every second of my time wiping noses, changing diapers, carpooling or healing broken bones. Time to do a little of what I love. I have been getting bored with the house and finally have a little time to tackle a few projects while Nolan is at school and the little ones nap! I should take a shower with my "spare time" but this is much more fun!
I knew I wanted something in my house to be chalkboard. I am a list maker and didn't really like the idea of a dry erase board hanging somewhere that I could have a cute piece of art... so after a few months I found this idea online. I wish I can say I thought of it myself! And a shout out to my high school friend Sarah for painting an entire wall with chalkboard paint! You inspired me to go for it... THANK YOU!
BEFORE

This is my "OH CRAP. WHAT AM I DOING?" moment.

The hardest part about this was picking out a piece of chalk!
Nolan was so happy when he got home from school! "It's done!? Can I write on it!?"

And here it is finished. Ready for my grocery lists, things to remember and of course my little munchkins have a place to tag... SO STOP WRITING ON MY WALLS LINCOLN! :)

2 comments:

  1. um, excuse me! what about credit for the picture of that chalkboard fridge i JUST sent you last night? or had you seen it before?

    i'm taking that G back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAA!!! Hill I had already started it. That is so freaking weird. LOL

    ReplyDelete