Thursday, September 16, 2010

Latest DIY Project.

Wall Art Above Couch


It was about time I did something to the blank space above my couch. I was done looking at it. I had a few ideas. After hanging a "trial picture" up I realized that whatever is going to be above the couch needed to be baby proof. Lincoln stacked the couch pillows, climed his pillow tower and tried to pull down anything and everything he could. He even tried to climb up to pull the nail out of the wall after I took the picture frame down. After doing a Google search on DIY art I found an idea that I adapted and made work for what I wanted.
Using a plastic door mat as a stencil I came up with this...
taping and measuring


painted the boxes blue (left over from the boys room and kitchen)

Then I hammered the doormat to the wall using it as a stencil and spray painted over it. I removed the mat and it left this design.

Perfectly baby proof. Nothing heavy to fall and hurt my curious boys. I can paint over it when I get bored of it. Cost me 19.99 since I had everything but the door mat. I ended up purchasing it at Target after searching all over Temecula.

I am thinking it needs to be framed somehow. I think to keep it cheap I may use some left over chocolate brown paint that I have in the garage vs. purchasing molding. Whatcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment